Wednesday, May 13, 2009

10 things that greeted me on my run today...

1. a brief burst of rain followed by soul-healing sunshine.
2. lush, green leaves and the intoxicating smell of cherry blossoms. It seems spring came to the northern midwest while I was sleeping.
3. a curious wild bunny rabbit. I sort of wanted to take him home.
4. a very old man wearing tight, leather pants texting on a blackberry. I think he thinks he is supa slick.
5. the ruins of Mill City
6. A homeless looking man I'm pretty sure was selling drugs.
7. True Companion by Marc Cohn. Don't make fun of me. I love him.

8. a very large man in a very small car who whistled at me
9. the rushing water on the Great Mississippi River
10. A life-saving cool breeze that provided spotted relief from the already humid air.

Sometimes I just have to take my runs one day at a time... one minute, one mile, one song on my ipod, one stop light, one block at a time. I give myself little finish lines when I'm having a rough run-- if I can just make it ______, then I can make it the whole way. Today was one of those days. Ever have those days?

No comments: