Monday, September 28, 2009

Top of Utah Marathon

Two weekends ago I ran the TOU Marathon. I loved it. It's a really good course. But mostly I loved it because I had a good reason for running it. My older brother has enlisted in the army and leaves to basic training in a couple of weeks. His wife and him decided to run this marathon as a final "big event" before he leaves. Naturally, I said I was in. I ran the race with my sister in law as it was her first marathon. She did GREAT! We felt great the whole time and finished with a time of 4 hours 28 minutes. My shirt said, "Good Luck Jeff" on the front with an American flag, and "Go Army Band" on the back. I loved all the people who asked me about my shirt and was super proud to tell them it was my brother who was had just enlisted. This could be my favorite marathon so far. :)





My army brother.


6 comments:

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Those RAce photos are AWESOME!! Love it!

Jen said...

YOU ROCK! I'm so proud of you, and what a neat reason to run! xoxo

natalie a said...

wow! your sister-in-law kept pace with you on her first marathon! you girls are inspiring!!

sam said...

wow you all have an amazing blog! going on to your second marathon!! i am just starting to get ready for my first ever 5k!!! eek! any advice for a new runner? i could use all i can get!

ps i love the idea of rewarding yourself with some snazzy jeans! if only i coulg get true religions past my ankles!

Louis said...

Whatever kind of sports you are doing, it is crucial to provide your body with nutritional support. Especially after hard trainings. I've read thousands times that we don't get enough nutrients from our everyday meals. That is why, supplementation is necessary. You just have to find a high quality product. I've searched through internet, studied articles and reviews, and finally found the product for myself - Military Grade supplements. My basic criteria were natural compounds. Then, I liked the reviews, which were mostly positive, highlighting the visible effect of the product. So, I've tried them myself. Started with 1 bottle of their new post-workout product - Second Wind - and was surprised greatly! Almost no fatigue after my workouts, no muscle soreness and lots of energy throughout a day! This product is available at amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Post-workout-Recovery-soreness-Vegetarian-Military/dp/B00HN6ROX0/ref=pd_bxgy_hpc_text_y Definitely worth trying!

rsgoldget said...

It is our position that 3DR retains the right to develop the tentatively titled "Duke Nukem Survivor" game for specific platforms. This game was previously licensed for development to Interceptor Entertainment. Furthermore, it is our position that the Trademark for "Duke Nukem" was never assigned to Gearbox, but remains the sole property of 3DR."Duke Nukem Survivor is the "working / tentative title" of Duke Nukem: Mass Destruction, according to an Interceptor spokesperson.

Buy Runescape Gold

Cheap Runescape Gold