Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I ran 10 miles....

On. A. Treadmill. If any of you have done this, you know how incredibly boring it is. I didn't dare run outside in the dark again, so I turned on HGTV (because basically, no matter what is on, I get sucked in like a moth to a flame) and just sucked it up and started running. Well, over an hour later, I had finally made it. That's my longest run for this race thus far.... here's to 11 this weekend. I have some work to do before I am as fancy-schmancy as these guys tho...




And, PS, I had a dream last night that it took me 7 hours and 52 minutes to complete the SLC Marathon next year. I was working out of town and had been drifting in and out of sleep-- I never sleep well in hotels.

In dreamland, by the time I reached the finish line, there wasn't a big crowd to cheer me on, just a few disgruntled volunteers who said "Geesh, it took you long enough. We've been waiting to clean up while we waited FOREVER for the last runner!"

I woke up in a panicked sweat at 2:30am in my lonely hotel room, with no husband there to say "it was just a dream. You're much faster than that, honey."

Please, tell me this isn't a sign of things to come next year.

1 comment:

Look Pretty. Run Nasty. said...

10 miles on a treadmill? Oh kill. me. now.

I stumbled onto your blog and saw this post and HAD to comment. I had to run 6 miles on a treadmill once at a hotel. I thought I'd shoot myself. Kudos to you.