Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fear...

I don't know what I've been scared of, but something has been stopping me from running. And the longer I went without my running routine, the more fear I had... and I became more and more worried that because I haven't been diligently running, when I finally did, it would be hard and I would get discouraged.

Well, I just got back from a short 4-miler and while I was a little more winded than I should have been, it certainly wasn't anything to be scared of.

Running for me is so much a mental game. If I'm having a rough week (as I have this past week), it effects my confidence running so much.

I won't say I'm completely back on the bandwagon, but I at least have one leg on. Hopefully the other leg will hop on tomorrow.

2 comments:

cropstar said...

I have the same fear of running if I've taken any sort of break. I don't understand why! And I find it takes me a few consistent runs for the fear to dissipate. I guess the key is to be afraid but do it anyway. Good luck!

Kelly(M&M) said...

I'm glad you are back!! And I'm glad to hear it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. The fear of starting all over is what keeps me running. :-) I hope to hear more reports from you. I love your stories!