Sunday, February 17, 2008

Wonder Wom(e)n

It really must have been magic- I am still alive!!! Frequent visitors of WRFDJ may be wondering why I haven't posted in awhile. Well, it's a fun story. Long story short, my husband and I have been in 7 car accidents since December, I thought I broke my foot, and we have finally found a home to move into. Lots of drama, I know, but you are going to get some reading an all girl blog.

Speaking of my foot, though, I was so scared. I dropped a 50 lb piece of glass on it while we were moving, and seriously thought my goal to run would be impossible. Sure, I had watched movies where people had overcome adversity, but this was real life- this was me. Let's just say I was expecting the worst. It got better and better after the first week, and I'm so glad to say that it's almost fully recovered! I got to run the most challenging and beautiful run of my life...13.2 miles down Emigration Canyon. I can't believe it. Like really. Driving back up that mountain to get my car was pretty dope. Well at least I felt pretty dope. And I am. We all are!!! We really did it!

I really didn't think I was going to be able to do it considering I hadn't run in weeks. Like Jen said, it must have been magic. Now granted, I wasn't nearly as fast as I was, but the point is...I finished. I ran a half marathon. I have already completed something I never thought I would, and now 26.2 seems reachable. I can't wait for warmer weather so I can actually enjoy bringing my son along for the runs.

I got home from the run and had planned a romantic night with my husband at a hotel. (Our first night away from Owen!) We had sushi and then cruised over. It was freaking hilarious. You try being romantic when you can't move your legs. Are you getting a mental picture??? I'm sorry if you are, but it's freaking funny. I was so tired too, that it turned out to be more of a comedy than anything. But we enjoyed ourselves, and now I know not to plan anything after the marathon.

Everything aside, I'm just glad if nothing else, to have been in the company that I was in. We are such a dynamic group and I love you all to death!!! Party at my house soon! I'm excited to break out the new china.

Cheers.

ps. I'm making a reluctant promise not to eat any junk food this week. That's all for now.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I am so proud of you! That would have been so tough with putting training on hold while your foot healed, and you tore it up, girl! You know I freaking love you, and your anti-fast food goal has renewed mine. Here's to yet another week Crown Burger free. So sad.

Suzie Petunia said...

I love reading your updates and seeing you reach these awesome milestones!

I've been wondering about the SLC marathon course lately. (That date is getting closer... and closer!) Since you all know the area better than I do, what can you tell me about the uphill sections of the course I see on the course elevation map on the website? They mostly seem to be around miles 5 - 10 and then one around mile 25. Anything I should get too nervous about? Details, please!