Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I'm getting really nervous!!!

Ok...so my knees have been giving me some trouble for the past month or so. Everytime I run, one or both of them start to hurt. I went to physical therapy and they showed me all of these types of exercises and stretches. I have been doing them but I still feel pain when I run. I am really nervous about Saturday. Maybe I should't even run. I talked to a guy in my office ( who is an avid Marathoner) and he says that I should just try on Saturday but that it's okay if I have to be carried on a stretcher to the finish line. So now I totally picture myself doing just that! I am freaking out here! I feel like everything I have been trying just doesn't seem to help. Lots of advil, lots of icing, and lots of stretching. Maybe I am just not cut out to be a "runner". (Although, someone did call me a "runner" the other day and I kinda liked it!) I really do love running as long as my knees don't hurt.

2 comments:

Erin said...

So I am really nervous too, mostly because I'm not in very good shape and my body hurts too. I am only doing 1/2 of what you are, but I'm still nervous.

I asked my friends for motivators and tips.

I liked the following:

“Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing.

You have to make the mind run the body.

Never let the body tell the mind what to do.

The body will always give up.

It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night.

But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired.”

George S. Patton, U.S. Army General, 1912 Olympian

I really like that quote. For me this is so much of a mind game. I'm really trying to be positive.

I even opened up my scriptures this morning and turned straight to Alma chapter 32. This is the FAITH chapter. We need to pray and have faith.

I say, even if it takes you 10 hours because you have to walk every step. What an accomplishment! I am just going to finish. I'll try my best, and that is always good enough!

Jodi said...

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!